NEW! SEU Final International Conference ONLINE - A brief follow-up
On October 7th the SEU project Final International Conference took place online, organized by the University of Parma's team.
The conference was an opportunity for the SEU Partners to share their findings on Community University Partnerships with colleagues and the wider community.
In the opening session, Prof. Maria Cecilia Mancini from the Department of Economics and Management, Rector's Delegate for the ERASMUS+ Programme of the University of Parma welcomed the partecipants introducing Prof. Fabrizio Storti, Vice Rector for Third Mission of the University of Parma, who gave an overview of the university's engagament in finding solutions to urgent challenges coming from the society both locally and globally and from a political, economic and environmental point of view. Then, Dr. Lindsey Anderson from the University of Exeter, SEU project coordinator, presented the SEU project results.
Prof. Alessio Cavicchi of the University of Pisa, illustrated his research project carried out at the University of Macerata (Marche region in Italy) along with local stakeholders who had to face the re-construction problem after the earthquake occurred in 2016.
A parallel session on the themes "How to enhance the trust between local stakeholders and the university" held by Dr. Marianna Guareschi, researcher at the University of Parma and "How to solve societal challenges through intersectoral and multi stakeholder collaboration", held by Dr. Alexis Dewaele, from the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, Ghent University, followed.
In the afternoon, partecipants took part in a second session on the themes "Building long term, sustainable, mutually beneficial relationships between the university and the community" held by Prof. Katja Rusinovic and Stefanie Schuddebeurs from The Hague University of Applied Sciences – THUAS Delft, and "Taking a place based approach to community engagement" held by Dr. Lindsey Anderson from the University of Exeter, SEU project coordinator, with the partecipation of Jo Salter, from Tidelines, a community project for all residents on and around the Exe estuary, and Tim Flügge of the University of Magdeburg.
In the various sessions partecipants discussed challenges and lessons learned from the different projects.
The recordings of the plenary session along with 2 parallel sessions and the final conclusions are now available on the SEU project YouTube channel at the following pages:
How to enhance the trust between local stakeholders and the university (the first parallel session recording dedicated to the project of the University of Parma)
How to solve societal challenges through intersectoral and multi stakeholder collaboration (the second parallel session recording dedicated to the project of Ghent University)
Taking a place based approach to community engagement and lessons learned (the third parallel session also includes the plenary discussion on the conclusions and the lessons learned from the activity of the 5 universities partner of the project)
- 08/10/2021 - NEW! SEU Final International Conference ONLINE - A brief follow-up
- 23/09/2021 - NEW! 7 October 2021 ONLINE - SEU Final International Conference Parma - Registration now open!
- 22/09/2021 - NEW! SEU on YouTube Channel
- 20/05/2021 - NEW! SEU Pilot Synthesis now available
- 15/10/2020 - SEU Partner Meeting Delft - 1-2 October 2020 ONLINE
- 01/09/2020 - NEW! SEU Toolkit now available
- 27/05/2020 - SEU Partner Meeting Magdeburg - 15th May 2020 ONLINE
- 23/03/2020 - NEW! Case Study Compendium now available
- 07/01/2020 - SEU First International Conference in Ghent. A follow-up
- 18/10/2019 - 10 December 2019: 1st SEU International Conference in Ghent
- 14/10/2019 - An insight on WP2: State-of-the-Art Review
- 01/10/2019 - The first two SEU partner meetings: Exeter and Parma